• ĐỔI TÊN MIỀN VIETWRITER.VIP SANG VIETWRITER.PRO TỪ NGÀY 1/5

New My One-month Marriage With Mr. Hawkins (2 Viewers)

• Chương 12

Chapter 12: In A Tight Spot​

“Cooperate with me, and let’s finish what we started last night,” Ernest said nonchalantly, but his resoluteness to achieve his goal was conveyed through his imperative tone.

Florence’s fluke mentality that she had gotten away from the matter yesterday shattered as he brought it up again.

She stared at Ernest and said adamantly, “Mr. Hawkins, I will definitely submit the summary to you tomorrow.”

After finishing her sentence, Florence packed her belongings hurriedly as she could not bring herself to look at Ernest again.

“I will get off work now, see you tomorrow.” She grasped her bag and bolted at the speed of light, dreading being in the same room space with Ernest any longer.

Florence walked out from the lobby of the company but was surprised to be greeted with a downpour. Pea-sized rain droplets struck the floor relentlessly, and the gusty storm came with a blustery wind that blew vigorously on her.

Florence couldn’t help but to shiver uncontrollably. She looked out from the lobby, frantically trying to search for taxis nearby butt that was to no avail.

The taxi drivers must have gotten off work and gone home in this horrible weather, she thought to herself. Her colleagues had left too, leaving her no one to share an umbrella with.

Her only option now was to make a dash to the subway station which was around a few hundred metres away in the heavy shower…

Staring firmly at the pouring rain, Florence gritted her teeth and mustered her courage to sprint for the subway station after some moment of hesitation. Just when she was about to take off, a limited-edition customized Lamborghini stopped in front of her.

The back-seat window rolled down at a slow pace, unveiling Ernest’s stunning face. He looked at her, his thin lips opening slightly, and he said, “Get in.”

Florence was indecisive, standing still on the ground as she carefully weighed the benefits of getting a lift at times like this. Even though it was very tempting, she felt uneasy and fearful to take a ride in Ernest’s vehicle.

Ernest pursed his thin lips lightly, and danger started to manifest in his gaze on her.

“Why? Do I look scary?” he asked.

“No.” Florence swiftly denied. She did not have the guts to admit it in front of him even though she secretly felt that way.

She was undecided for a minute but conceded in the end and walked towards the car, “Sorry for the trouble then.”

When Florence got in the car, she was already dripping wet, resulting in the backseats being slightly drenched. Her face blushed from embarrassment for creating such a hassle. She tried to lean towards the door and asked, “Is there any tissue?”

Ernest sat on the other side of the car; his towering figure made the confined space in the car seem even narrower.

He brought out a clean towel out of nowhere and threw it over to Florence. “Thank you.” She quickly grabbed it and wiped the drenched backseats.

Ernest frowned after seeing her action, and he pulled out another towel for her again. “Wiped the water off your body,” he said with a husky tone.

Florence was mortified to have caused so much trouble while getting a free lift. She shook her head and refused as she said, “It’s okay. I will just get off at the entrance of the subway station.”

Ernest suddenly leaned towards her, putting the towel on the top of her head, his demanding action exuded inexorable dominance. He threatened her, “Do you want me to dry your body myself?”

Florence was startled by the sudden proximity and started to panic as she tried to lean her back towards the door even more to get away from him. “I, I will do it myself,” she said anxiously while gazing at the man in front of her.

While in her haste to catch hold of the towel, she accidentally grabbed Ernest’s hand on the top of her head instead. She could feel the warmth emanating from his silky-smooth skin, and the sensation made her feel very cosy…

Florence broke off her absurd thoughts and withdrew her hand hastily. Ernest’s gaze on her dimmed, reflecting complex emotions that couldn’t be apprehended.

Her hand was icy cold when she touched him; however it was as if electricity had pulsed through his body, making his heart flutter in unfamiliar ways.

Florence awkwardly turned her head to look outside the window as Ernest’s intense gaze had made her self-consciousness and uneasiness swelled. As she glimpsed the subway entrance passing by quickly, she anxiously said, “Timothy, please stop the car, I can get down from here.”

“Continue driving,” Ernest ordered crisply, turning down her request. He never had the intention to let her go that easily.

Advertisement

Bình luận facebook

Bạn đã đọc chưa

Second Marriage
  • Aria Foster
Chương 20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom